To connect your devices with The Things Network you’ll need to register an account and an application.
To register an account you’ll need to do the following:
- Go to account.thethingsnetwork.org
- Select Create an account
- Enter a username, email address and a secure password then select Create Account. Take care in choosing a username as you will not be able to change it.
- You will soon receive a confirmation email from TTN, click the link in this email to validate your account (If you can’t find the email, don’t forget to check your spam folder).
- Sign in to The Things Network with your new account if you have not already.
Now we have an account and we’re signed in, we need to register an application and configure it with the HTTP Integration.
- Navigate to the TTN Console found at console.thethingsnetwork.org
- Follow the instructions from TTN found here to register an application:https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/applications/add.html Take care when selecting a Handler, you can use the default or select another if the devices will be used in another region. Additionally, the default Australian Handler does not support the HTTP integration, in this case, you will need to use the South-East Asia handler
We now need to configure the HTTP integration to AlphaX.
- Select Integrations then add integration.
- Select the HTTP Integration by The Things Industries B.V. You’ll be taken to the Add Integration page for HTTP.
- Enter a process ID, a name for the integration. This can only contain lowercase alphanumeric characters, nonconsecutive – and _ and it cannot start or end with a – or a _
- Enter the URL, this needs to be set to “http://alphax.com.au/ttn”. This points to our servers and is what connects the TTN application to AlphaX.
- Set the Method to “POST”
- For now, the other fields can be left blank. Select Add Integration to complete the integration setup.
Now we have our application set up and pointed to AlphaX, we can register devices to the Application. More details on this can be found here: http://hq.minnovation.com.au/support/help/alphax-plugins-5/how-do-i-register-my-device-to-the-things-network-ttn-with-abp-30