This Watchdog feature is depreciated and has been replaced by Alerts.
Refer to Alerts: How to Create an Alert and How to Edit an Alert.
Watchdog is one of the most useful features to keep a constant eye on the sensors readings where it gives the notifications alerts at the right time.
It’s easy as a registering device. The user just needs to follow these steps.
1. The user needs to click on New Alert button on the top right-hand side corner of the Watchdog home page.
2. A pop-up window will open in which User must fill the Watchdog identifier and then select the site to locate the sensor’s reading. The user can add some notes for the reference and click the “Create” button.
3. Then the newly created watchdog will appear on the list of Logix watchdog. The user need to click on the edit button in front of the created watchdog to add the sensors to the particular watchdog to complete the process.
4. After clicking on the edit button, next window will open which will have following options :
• Summary • Alert Settings • Notification settings • Locations.
All these following steps are must to make the watchdog work.
5. Alert Settings: In this settings, the user need to define the upper limit, and lower limit to the watchdog and can add notes for the watchdog. Click the “save” button to save the changes.
6. Notification Settings: In this settings, under “Notify List”, the user need to select to whom the email will send, when the alert trigger.
7. Then in “Notification Subject” the user can add a subject to the email, which will be send to the users mentioned in the Notify List.
8. The user can set the Acknowledgement Duration in hours and if the device is not acknowledge within that acknowledgement duration it will resend the email.
9. In the “Notification Body” the user can add extra information to the email and then click the “Save” button.
10. Locations: In this section, click on “Add Location to Monitor” button to assign sensor/s to watchdog.
11. A pop-up window will open in which the user can select sensor/s to assign to watchdog and click on “Save” button.
12. Then the user can see the current value of the sensor, status of the sensor and the last seen of the sensor.
14. Summary: In this section, the user can see the summary of the sensor/s in a graph.
15. Now the watchdog is ready to take care of your assets to alert you at the right time.