How to add sensors to your newly created Digital Twin
Note: If the sensor is present in the data table and not on the map, skip to step 11, to make the sensor visible on the map.
1. On the left of your screen, within the main navigation bar, there is a section named ‘DIGITAL TWINS’. Under this section, you can find the enterprise/site or sub-site/entity digital twin for which you want to add a new sensor.
2. Click on the enterprise/site or sub-site/entity and then click ‘Digital Twin’ navigation link under the desired digital twin.
3. You will be redirected to the digital twin page with google map and data table.
4. Initially, if there are no sensors associated with this digital twin or its sub-Digital twin, the map will load to your current location with an empty data table.
5. If there are pre-associated sensors with this digital twin, you may see them on the map as markers with distinct colours based on their types.
6. To add a new sensor, click on the ‘Edit’ button you can see on the top left of your map. From the dropdown, select Add Sensor.
7. A modal will be opened on your screen, where you can select the sensor you want to add and click Save.
8. You may not see the sensor as a marker on your map, but you can see the sensor data in the data table below.
9. Find your sensor in the data table and observe the first column ‘Pin’ for that row. If the pin is red, this means there are no location coordinates associated with this sensor, thus would not be displayed as a marker on the map.
10. If the pin is green, you can find the sensor displayed as a marker with a label displaying Tag and Last Measurement associated with this sensor.
11. To set the location of red pinned sensors on your map, you need to click the red pin of the sensor under the ‘Pin’ column and move your cursor on the map.
12. Your cursor is now changed from an arrow to a ‘+’. Click on the map where you would like to mark the location of this particular sensor.
13. Your page will refresh automatically and you can now see your sensor as a marker displayed on the map.