How do I register my devices to The Things Network (TTN) with ABP
Begin by following the instructions provided by TTN here to register your device, including personalising the device for ABP: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/devices/registration.html
Take note of the assigned Device Address, Network Session Key and App Session key, we’ll need those for the next phase.
These three keys are used in the configuration of the device so it can talk to TTN and AlphaX
- Ensure the device is powered up and located close to your computer with WiFi connectivity.
- Connect to the WiFi network AlphaX-MHM4-xxxx. The x’s indicate the last 4 digits of the device’s serial number. The password will be the Device’s full serial number in lower case. This serial number is located on the label of the device and its product packaging.
- Open a Web Browser and navigate to 192.168.4.1. You will be directed to the ABP configuration page for your device.
- Enter the Device Address, Network Session Key and App Session Key into the form without spaces and select SUBMIT.
- The device will then reboot with the given settings and be connected to the TTN network to send data through to AlphaX.
If you have not registered your Device with AlphaX yet, be sure to do that with the instructions here: http://hq.minnovation.com.au/support/help/alphax-cloud-1/how-to-register-an-alphax-iot-device-2
Repeat this for every device you intend to connect to TTN.